Express entry is a new online based immigration system implemented and operated by the department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to ease the process for the applicants and to help the Canadian government as well as Provincial governments to choose the skilled workers. This system brings the federal government, the applicants and the employers, all at a single place, easing the process for all entities. The system helps in choosing the best candidates under the Federal Skilled Worker Class Program, The Federal Skills Trade Class Program, The Canadian Experience Program and the Provincial Nominee Program. Although only a part of the Provincial Nominee Program uses this system.
How it Works?
It is very easy to enter in Express Entry program. Prospective candidates are required to complete an online application form. To apply for Express Entry program, the first thing to do is to create a valid profile.
Following is needed for profile creation:
· the applicant has to give a language test
· provide valid education credentials that meet the Canadian education standards
· the skill type or level based on the list provided by National Occupation Classification (NOC)
· a valid passport or travel document
· copy of job offer from Canadian employer, if any. If don't have a job, register with the job bank of Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)
· a personal reference code
· personal information such as identity proof, contact information, information of dependants, detailed information of education and work experience
If eligible, a unique profile on the Express Entry portal needs to be created. By creating the profile, the candidate formulates it into the Expression of Interest to move to Canada. The eligible candidates are put together in an Express Entry Pool and assessed based on the information shared and ranked accordingly, total points being 1200. Based on the ranking, the best suitable applicants receive an Invitation to apply for permanent residence in Canada.
When applying, make sure you create the online profile within 60 days; otherwise you have to start the entire process again. However, this can be avoided and the process will be less of a herculean task, if an immigration expert’s advice is considered. The expert might also helps in improving the scores in different areas, where the applicant is lacking, thereby increasing the chances of selection.